(U9-U18/19 Birthyears 2014-2004)
Participation on this type of competitive team provides the youth soccer player the best competitive environment in our area. To be part of this group of soccer players requires an incredible amount of time, dedication, and a commitment to excellence. To be able to reach this level of excellence, the Club requires all players to be dedicated to producing a high quality, game intensive practice environment so their practice sessions will develop them to play at game speed.
Players who are selected for this team will typically receive 2 one-hour training sessions per week. The Select Pathway includes league games, friendly club games with similar clubs and at least 2 tournaments. Players will also be registered into US Club Soccer. All players will need to provide a copy of their birth certificate and player picture to participate.
The Select Team program has been expanded! NEW! Teams will be entered into Small-sided and full-sided game leagues into the Erie Sports Center Winter League. This will provide maximum touches on the ball with smaller team sizes to encourage growth and creativity. Players will be rostered by skill level for games and tournaments. Players in grades 3-8 will also receive the school-based league at Erie Premier Sports as in years past. High School players will receive additional league play. For those players not enrolled in Girard School District and who may be ineligible to play, special accommodations will be made.
This is a full season commitment. For players withdrawing early for reason other than documented injury, an additional one-month dues will be applied. Only at coach’s discretion may a player be eligible to upgrade to the Select program. If so, all additional fees will apply to fulfill the Select program tuition.
Some travel will be required. Additional tournament fees may apply.
Practice schedules will be released prior to the start of club. Player Uniform information will arrive in a separate email at a later date.
Season: November - May
Cost: $96/month $65/registration fee
Uniform: 2 jerseys, 1 short, 1 socks (Extra)
GSC Player Responsibilities
All players expected to follow these 6 standards:
- Be dedicated to becoming the best soccer player that your physical talents allow you to be.
- Be willing to work very hard while enjoying yourself.
- Be coachable. Listen to and implement your coach’s instructions quickly and effectively. Ask questions of the coach if the instructions are unclear.
- Be an unselfish team player who puts the team’s needs first, before your own. Your team will be more successful if all the players play together.
- Be committed to practicing on your own to help develop your soccer abilities. Ask your coach for extra material that you can do on your own at home.
- Be available to mentor younger players.